Duration: 30 mins
Taking the British Fish and Chips with a healthier twist to create your own Fish Finger Wraps!
- 1 Red onion
- Malt Vinegar
- 2 slices of bread
- Olive oil
- 4 Haddock/Cod/Basa fillets
- 2 Eggs
- Tortilla wraps
- Preheat oven to 200ºC / Fan 180ºC and have a baking tray ready.
- Finely slice the red onion and mix with 2 tbsp vinegar and half a tsp of salt in a bowl. Sit aside.
- Toast the bread. Roughly cut up and blitz in a food processor with lemon zest and olive oil.
- Slice the fish fillets into fingers.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- One-by-one, coat the fish fillets in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs and place on the baking tray.
- Put the fish fingers in the oven for 12 mins.
- Once the fish is ready, drain the sliced red onion and mix with shredded lettuce and some parsley.
- Spread some mayonnaise on each wrap, top with salad mix and add the fish fingers too. Add a little extra vinegar and wrap up.
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over each wrap!
Mix it up by adding Dill to the breadcrumbs and Capers or Cucumber to the salad! For the ultimate source of Omega-3 use Salmon fillets instead!